Announcements‎ > ‎

Immunization Info

posted Jan 11, 2017, 11:23 AM by Margarita Ziroldo
Do you have more questions or cannot understand the immunization forms?

·        To speak with a Public Health Nurse. Call the Ottawa Public Health Info Line (OPHIL) at 613-PARENTS [613-727-3687]  (TTY: 613-580-9656) or email Ottawa Public Health at


·        Connect with a Public Health Nurse and other parents on the Parenting in Ottawa Facebook page

Ottawa Public Health does not require immunization certification before school entry. As long as the school offices check to make sure that the newcomers have been in touch with Ottawa Public Health and has received counselling and direction about immunizations, then the school has fulfilled their requirements as far as immunization.


Looking for a family doctor or looking for a walk-in clinic

            If someone does not have a family doctor they should register with Health Care Connect to obtain a Health Care Provider.

·        They must have a valid health card number

·        They can’t currently be under the care of a physician

·        They must call or go online and register with Health Care Connect1-800-445-1822 – Monday to Friday9 am to 5 pm

o   Google: health care connect ottawa


If you are wondering where is the nearest walk-in clinic: – input your home address and it will bring up all clinics/hospitals in your area. Not too far is the Ottawa-East Family Medical Center at 1980 Ogilvie Road; Phone: 613-746-8559